GROW is a joint research program in offshore wind that initiates research and accelerates innovations. GROW's strength lies in its ability to run focused, sequential and complementary RD&D activities. The consortium includes around 20 leading and committed partners that cooperate closely to conduct joint research. Short lines of communication, trust and exchange of experience and knowledge are all significant contributions to the success of GROW.
GROW partners work together to reduce the costs of offshore wind and to increase the value of wind energy in the energy system and in the ecosystem. Furthermore, GROW creates the visibility of the projects and the partners involved by showing the innovative capacity of the Dutch offshore wind sector. GROW also represents the interest of its partners related to R&D policies and measures in offshore wind, and stimulates co-operation with small and medium enterprises and higher education.
GROW stands for:
- Implementation of a joint research program
- Accelerating the development of innovations
- Initiating follow-up activities at an early stage
- Developing new cooperation opportunities
- Representing the interest of the GROW partners
- Promoting cooperation on topics of common interest
GROW strives to expand the role of offshore wind in the energy system and therefore has the following objectives:
- to reduce the cost level of offshore wind in the near and mid-term future.
- to create added value of wind energy in the energy system and to further enhance its symbiosis with other sectors at sea (oil & gas, fishery, shipping, tourism, ecology and nature).
- to strengthen the Dutch offshore wind sector.
GROW program office
The GROW consortium is supported by a program office. The office initiates, coordinates and provides reporting for the RD&D projects of the partners. The office is run by:
Director: David de Jager
Office Manager: Liesbeth Batelaan
Communication Manager: Anouk Stortenbeker
Controller: Maarten Vrolijks